Oui, oui

Oui, oui

Monday 27 February 2012

100 Word Play

This is a short script I have submitted to the Young Writers Festival 100 Word Plays 2012. The word count includes everything except the title and the speech indicators, which was much more difficult than I anticipated. Anyone who knows me will understand why...

Hope you like :)




HATE IT WHEN YOU DO THAT

.HUSBAND reads newspaper.

HUSBAND: I hate you repeat yourself. I heard the first time and chose to ignore you. Do not utter those words again. For the sake of progression, could we please move on before the boredom threatens to take my mind?

WIFE: Exactly the kind of thing you would say.

HUSBAND: Indeed.

.WIFE glares. Takes a drag on her cigarette before setting it down.

WIFE: Master like a sandwich?

HUSBAND: What with?

WIFE: Tuna.

.Pause.

.HUSBAND rolls eyes.

HUSBAND: Jesus, you really are a broken record.

WIFE: Bloody well do it yourself then… Show’s over… find another mug…

            .Storms off ranting.

.HUSBAND sighs.









No comments:

Post a Comment